We went to the British Music Experience and then went to see Rock of Ages, which was just fantastic. All day I have not stopped laughing, and to top it off we decided to do Fitness Friday in our interesting attire when we got home. I’m gonna hurt tomorrow…
I just wanna thank my housemates for such a fantastic day :D
As a society, we have all these conventions we have to follow which allow us to function without killing each other. Most laws make sense, like stealing a car will send you straight to jail. The effect of law and punishment makes society work efficiently to an extent, even if the system is flawed.
But then there are social laws that are unwritten, unspoken and unuttered, yet if a person steps over the line of a particular social convention, then they are ridiculed and ‘punished’ for almost nothing. For instance, if a person is being mocked by others, but they suddenly have had enough and snap, then the victim is punished instead of the perpetrators.
Also, people can never just be honest with each other. All the time people do stupid things or brilliant things or things that make my blood boil. I sit there wishing I could say something, but I can’t because social convention dictates that I cannot without fear of being rejected or ridiculed.
I’m not saying I want to intentionally hurt people’s feelings, because that’s the last thing I want to do. But if people took less offence to things, or weren’t so focused on themselves, they would see that their actions are hurting/annoying others and would rectify it. They could just apologise, correct their behaviour, and move on. But humans are difficult, because everything is taken to heart. Humans are like elephants, as we never forget hurtful comments or cold shoulders or broken hearts.
However, the honesty thing could be used as a powerful, positive device. People often feel alone and as if no one cares about them. Do you have any friends like that? I think we all do, and we all feel this way sometimes.
When a friend gives a compliment, I often scoff or say ‘thanks’ in a quiet, non-believing tone. However, when I give my friend a compliment, I mean it from the bottom of my heart. But I can see their reaction and its like they don’t believe me. They probably don’t, but I wish they did. Its kind of hypocritical of me, because I should believe my friends as I trust them and believe in their judgement, yet the small part of my brain that brings me down tells me ‘They’re wrong’.
But I will still compliment and encourage and be kind to my friends, even if they don’t believe me. One day hopefully they will see I’m telling the truth.
People lie all the time, and its a good defence mechanism. The less people know the safer you are, because you are in control. I often lie to stop people judging me or to give myself more freedom, but one day I may need to tell the truth. And lies hurt, because they start to become a reality. People say that the truth sets you free, and maybe it does, but sometimes its safer to lie because that way no one can hurt you. For instance, lying about a crush so that you won’t get rejected. The lie is preferable to the truth because the truth is real, and can hurt you mentally and physically.
But personally I prefer the truth. At least you know where you stand with people, even though saying this makes me the biggest hypocrite.
Whenever I’ve had a bad day, my dog will immediately make my day better just by rushing to the door and wagging her tail. Everytime. Even if I’ve just popped out to the bins.
She doesn’t judge me for anything, she’s just a constant source of warmth. I’d be devastated if anything happened to her.
1. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it? If my dog counts, then yes.
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now? Yes
3. When’s the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time? Last thursday
4. Would you ever smile at a stranger? All the time
5. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are? Nope
6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today? Yes
7. What exactly are you wearing right now? A suit
8. How often do you listen to music? Every day
9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more? Jeans
10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2013? Definitely
11. Are you a social or an antisocial person? Both
12. Have you ever kissed someone whose name begins with the letter ‘A’? Nein
13. What about ‘R’? Nope
14. Can you drive a stick shift? Not legally
15. Do you care if people talk badly about you? If for the right reasons
16. Are you going out of town soon? Yes
17. When was the last time you cried? The other day
18. Have you ever told someone you loved them? Not romantically
19. If you could change your eye color, would you? No
20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for? No
21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having. Unpredictability
22. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead? Yes
23. Are you dating the last person you talked to? Not applicable
24. What are you sitting on right now? A spinny chair
25. Does anyone regularly (other than family) tell you they love you? My friends :)
26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have? Yes
27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night? My Dad
28. Do you get a lot of colds? I used too
29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from? Next
30. Does anyone hate you? I hope not, but probably
31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room? Nope
32. Do you like watching scary movies? Depends on how scary
33. Do you want your tongue pierced? Nope
34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be? Maybe last year, but it wasn’t so awful…
35. Did you have a dream last night? Yes
36. When was the last time you told someone you loved them? Today
37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years? Nope
38. Do you think someone has feelings for you? No
39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now? No
40. Did you have a good day yesterday? It was adequate
41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship? Nope
42. In the next 48 hours, will you hang out with a girl? Yes
43. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you? Yes
44. What’s the best part about school? Seeing my friends every day
45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook? Yes
46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school? Sometimes
47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head? Always
48. Were you single over the last summer? Yes
49. Is your life anything like it was two years ago? Yes and No
50. What are you supposed to be doing right now? Probably an essay
51. Do you hate the last guy you had a conversation with? No
52. Are you nice to everyone? I try to be
53. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to? Yes
54. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat? Yes, definitely. It’s not difficult.
55. Are you good at hiding your feelings? From most people
56. Do you think you like someone? Do celebrities count?
57. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’? Nope
58. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys? Girls
59. Has anyone of your friends ever seen you cry? Yes
60. Do you hate anyone? Hate is a strong word. There are people I strongly dislike.
61. How’s your heart? Steadily pumping blood around my body
62. Is there something that happened in your past that you hate talking about? Yes
63. Have you ever cried over a guy? Yes
64. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now? People
65. Are your toenails painted pink? Nope
66. Will your next kiss be a mistake? Hopefully not
67. Girls love it when boyfriends cry; correct? Emotion is good
68. Have your pants ever fallen down in public? No luckily ;)
69. Who was the last person you were on the phone with? My best friends
70. How do you look right now? Tired and human
71. Do you have someone you can be your complete self around? Yes
72. Can you commit to one person? Yes
73. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to? Nope
74. Have you ever felt replaced? A little
75. Did you wake up cranky? Not today
76. Are you a jealous person? Not usually
77. Are relationships ever worth it? Yes
78. Anyone you’re giving up on? No
79. Currently wanting to see anyone? Sure :)
80. Name something you have to do tomorrow? Go to Leicester
81. Last person you cried in front of? A friend
82. Is there someone you will never forget? Yes
83. Do you think the person you have feelings for is protective of you? *Shrugs*
84. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now? Having a hug
85. Are you over your past? Parts of it
86. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex? No
87. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to? Yes
88. If your first true love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept? If I had one
89. So, the last person you kissed just happens to arrive at your door at 3AM; do you let them in? Depends who it is
90. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated? Yes
91. Will you be in a relationship in 2 months? Who knows? The future isn’t set
92. Is there anyone you know with the name Michael? Yes
93. Have you ever kissed a Matthew? Ewww no… that’s my Uncle’s name
94. Were you in a relationship in January? How was it going? Nope
95. Were you happy with the person you liked in March? Again, not in a relationship
96. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive? Yes ;)
97. Who do you have texts from? Friends
98. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say? I’m happy for you (then cry when they’re not looking)
99. Have you ever kissed someone older than you? Nope
100. Who’s in your profile picture with you? Me… alone ;)
101. Ever kissed under fireworks? Nope
102. Has anybody ever given you butterflies? Yes